OXFORD 250 CAMPING POLICY
Oxford Plains Speedway has changed
the camping policy for the Oxford 250. This event
requires an astronomical amount of public safety
services to keep the public safe throughout the weekend.
The Oxford Police Department does a fantastic job
handling the event and providing the man power to keep
everyone safe throughout the weekend, However providing
these services accumulates a huge cost as they provide
great coverage to the entire facility.
invoice for the Oxford 250 from the Oxford Police
department is in excess of $20,000 each year, and that
does not include the cost for the fire and rescue
services that the Town of Oxford also provides for this
event with medical staff on the grounds around the clock
throughout the entire weekend. Oxford Plains Speedway
has discussed these costs with town officials and we
have come to the conclusion that there is no way to
substantially decrease these costs and keep the same
level of public safety.
Oxford Plains Speedway wants to
keep camping at the Speedway an affordable option for
race fans and has come up with the following policy.
Campers will be allowed to come in on Tuesday morning,
August 25th, the week of the Oxford 250.
Campers that come in on Tuesday
morning will be charged $60.
Campers that come in on Wednesday
will be charged $50.
Campers that come in on Thursday
will be charged $40.
Campers that come in on Friday and
throughout the rest of the
weekend will be charged $30.
OXFORD 250 CAMPING POLICIES
Oxford Plains Speedway reminds campers of the following policies regarding campers and recreational vehicles on Speedway property:
1. All campers must be properly state registered.
2. No campers may be left on Speedway property from September 20 to April 15 of each year.
3. All campers must be neat in appearance and in full working order.
4. All camping areas must be clean, neat and free of garbage and debris.
5. All campers will be parked in neat and orderly rows as directed by the Speedway. If your camper will remain here on a non-event night, it must be parked so that it cannot be seen from Route 26.
6. No camping areas may be reserved, roped off or barricaded in any way.
7. All campers must have contact information for the owners posted in a window or in another location so that it can be seen by speedway personnel. This information must include the owners name, phone number and address.
ANY VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF YOUR CAMPING PRIVILEGES. CAMPERS THAT VIOLATE THIS POLICY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TOWED. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US AT (207) 539-8865